1 Thessalonians Applications
1) In this book Paul pours his life into other men who could carry on the work of the gospel. Are you spending time imparting the things God has done in your life to another who can, in turn, minister to others?
2) It is sometimes hard to give thanks in all things, yet that is the will of God. Go back over the last few days and think of the things that have happened in your life for which you have not give thanks. Determine in your heart to obey this command.
3) Are the circumstances in your life difficult? How are you responding? What will others say about your response? Can people imitate your walk with God?
4) Are you abstaining from sexual immorality? Are you defrauding others sexually in any way at all? Do you realize that if you’re acting on your sexual passions in a way contrary to God’s Word that God will act as the avenger against you?
5) Do you pray without ceasing (5:17) for those in your life, who don’t know our Lord? Do you storm the throne for answer to your problems? Do you pray consistently for others? It’s a convicting command, isn’t it?