1 Corinthians Application
1) Are you having any of the same problems in your own life or in your church that the Corinthians had? Do you think this letter has the answers for your problems or questions? How can you apply what you have learned?
2) According to the context of 1 Corinthians 3, what does it mean to be a carnal or fleshly Christian? Remember, context rules over all accurate interpretation.
3) Are you untaught - ignorant - concerning spiritual gifts? Do you know about one or two of them but not the others? Have you believed or even taught others in accord with what the whole counsel of God has to say on the subject, or have you merely gone by your experience or reasoning? Do you appreciate other people's gifts even though they may be different from yours?
4) On what do you base your beliefs about marriage, divorce and remarriage? What did you learn from 1 Corinthians 7 about these topics? Did this change your belief?
5) I the preaching of the cross foolishness to you, or is it a demonstration of the power of God?